"It's-a Wario Time!" I've always wanted to say that.
Changes from Brawl
- Wario Waft can be actively charged by executing the move and holding down the special move button, similar to King Dedede's Jet Hammer except Wario can't move while he's doing this
- When he bites someone, stink lines emanate from that character. Inspired by Snake's Codec Message. I think it's funny.
- Neutral Special Move:Chomp
- Side Special Move:Wario Bike
- Up Special Move:Corkscrew
- Down Special Move:Wario Waft
- Final Smash:Wario-Man
Snake Codec Message
Snake:"This guy kind of gives me the creeps."
Colonel:"That's Wario, Snake. Wario first appeared as Mario's rival, but he really made his name in the WarioWare games. Watch out for Wario's bite. It's not just damage you take from it."
Snake:"What do you mean, Colonel?!"
Otacon:"Wario loves garlic. He eats whole cloves of it day and night. So try not to get caught in his mouth. Once that smell gets on you, it'll stick to you for quite a while."
Snake:"...That's a scary thought."
Otacon:"He also attacks by farting. He can fart to fly around, too."
Snake:"By...farting. ARE YOU KIIDING ME?!"
Colonel:"Sadly, no. I am not kidding. if his belly starts to bulge, watch out."
Fighting against Wario
Projectile users who can keep up a steady stream of attacks have a good match up against Wario. His only defense against this is the Wario Bike, but a steady stream of attacks defeats this tactic. If you don't have a projectile you can abuse, fight at close range using aerial attacks to avoid Wario's downward standard attack. When the Wario Waft is charged, be extremely careful not to leave yourself vulnerable.