Mario is Nintendo's mascot who first appeared in Donkey Kong as Jumpman and soon got his own long series of games and is known worldwide as Mr. Video Game. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it states that just about every gamer in the world knows who Mario is. Mario is the most basic character in Super Smash Bros.. He is perfectly balanced and is a great character for beginners.
Changes from Brawl:
- Can Wall Jump
- Can Crawl
- "Cosmic Mario" and "Ice Mario" are alternative costumes
- Neutral Special Move:Fireball
- Side Special Move:Cape
- Up Special Move:Super Jump Punch
- Down Special Move:F.L.U.D.D.
- Final Smash:Mario Finale
Snake Codec Message
Colonel:"Snake, you know who that is?"
Snake:"You're kidding right? It's Mario."
Colonel:"Mario made his first appearance in 1981, and since then, he's become a worldwide phenomenon. There's probably not a single person who doesn't know Mario. He's that famous."
Snake:"Good thing I survived long enough to face him on the field of battle."
Colonel:"This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance, Snake. Now get out there and show him what you're made of. No regrets."
Fighting against Mario
You don't want to battle Mario from a distance because of his Fireballs and his Cape. It'll also allow him to to charge the F.L.U.D.D.. If you go in close, you leave yourself vulnerable to his Super Jump Punch. I suggest using what I call the "Smash-n-Dash" method. That's where you get in close to Mario, inflict as much damage as possible(primarily with normal attacks and throws), then retreat to a safe distance before Mario can react. Keep this up until Mario attempts to use a special move that leaves him open to a smash attack.
- While Fire Mario is one of Mario's oldest powers, it didn't appear in 3-D Mario game until Super Mario Galaxy.
- The Super Jump Punch has never been used outside the Smash Bros. series.
- Despite being able to Wall Jump in his games, Mario has never had the ability in a Smash Bros. until now.