The Guardian of the Master Emerald tears himself away from his all important job to show us what he's made of.
- Can Glide
- Can Wall Jump
- Can Wall Cling
- His Sir Gawain costume from Sonic and the Black Knight is an alternate costume, Although, it lacks the twin swords he used in the actual game.
- Neutral Special Move:Big Punch
Description: All I can say is that this similar Donkey Kong's Giant Punch.
- Side Special Move:Drill Drive
Description: This is similar to Meta Knight's Drill Rush except that it can't be aimed up or down.
- Up Special Move:Spiral Upper
Description: Sort of a combination to the Super Jump Punch and Wario's Corkscrew.
- Down Special Move:Dig
Description: This similar in effect to Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape. Knuckles digs into the ground, and pops back up attacking opponents as he surfaces. You can use the control sick or D-pad to determine where he'll pop up. The coolest thing about this move is that it can sometimes unearth items (no Smash Balls, Dragoon Parts or Assist Trophies).
- Final Smash:Hyper Knuckles
Description: The legendary Super Emeralds make an appearance as they swirl around Knuckles as he starts this move. Knuckles turns pink and his speed and strength increase. In addition his smash attacks and special moves are enhanced, plus his Big Punch and smash attacks unleash fully charged with no charge up time AND his down smash produces a HUGE earthquake.
Snake Codec Message
Snake:"What is that? Another hedgehog?"
Colonel:"That's Knuckles, he's an echidna. But you're not too far off, he's a friend of Sonic's."
Snake:"Uhh... What's an echidna?"
Colonel:"I'll tell you later. Be careful, Knuckles has incredible strength and can be very aggresive. He can also glide and climb walls. And in his Hyper Form, he can create earthquakes."
Snake:"Okay... But what's an echidna?"
Fighting against Knuckles
Knuckles has very few options if an opponent is far away, so keep your distance and pick your spots. Also, if he's gliding, he's vulnerable to attack. His Dig attack has the same range as Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape, so if he uses this, quickly predict where Knuckles will come up and get away.
- For those of you who are wondering just what an echidna is. Echidnas are small mammals that seem to resemble a cross between an anteater and a hedgehog in appearance(that's why Snake mistakes him for a hedgehog). It's native to New Zealand and is one of the only two mammals on Earth that lays eggs(the other being the platypus).